Originally Posted By GMP440
The pressures look ok. What is the temperature at the a/c vents?
Keep in mind on these R-12 to R-134 conversions you just don't get that freezing you out of the car effect like you get with the old R-12 gases.
How does the a/c system feel when driving the car? If you have a fan, face it to the grill so cool air is blown against the condenser. Sit in the car and feel how cold it is. Also, check the pressure while you do this and record the pressures. See what the differences are.
Forgot to ask; was the system evacuated before charging with freon?

I couldn't get an accurate reading with my IR thermometer, and I don't have a vent thermometer so I'm not sure wnat vent temp is.

Haven't driven it yet but feels comfy, but not freezing cold at idle. (Being close to 95 degrees here in Louisiana doesn't help much!) Will need to drive it, but good idea about the fan. I will also try that.

System was rebuilt about 10 years ago but never filled. I sold the car then, and recently bought back from guy I sold it to. He never filled either. Rebuilt compressor, new evap, new hoses, bought new filter/drier this week. Condenser was not replaced, but removed and thoroughly flushed with lacquer thinner. I probably should have gone back with R-12, but since I didn't have any and since I thought I had a good clean slate I'd go with R-134. I do have some Freeze-12, but I hear it's mostly R-134 anyway and like R-12 it's so expensive if you ever need to add cans...