Steering column should not be a huge issue. Two options come to mind .

One would be an aftermarket unit like flaming river.

The other would be to shorten/modify the original column. I’ve done a few over the years on various builds. It’s pretty simple really, cut the column and find a bearing with the correct ID/OD to fit the column and shaft. Depending on the bearing it can either be held in place with set screws or an external snap ring. Shorten the inner shaft sufficiently that it still protrudes from the column and add the appropriate end (usually double D or splined) and weld or pin in place.

In either case you will need a way to secure the bottom end of the column as the original configuration secured the column to the steering gear. One way would be add a plate/clamp thru the floor plate you have to remove to get the original gear out. On my 57 Plymouth I’m going see if it’s feasible to build brackets to secure it to the bracing that clutch/brake pedals are attached to.

Does the Regent use the Dodge or Plymouth Dash? The Dash is bolt in by the way and they can directly interchange between the two. Personally I love the 57-8 Dodge dash and the only real issue I would see with using that (with aftermarket gauges) would be a way to drive the speedometer if the transmission you’re using isn’t set up for a cable drive (although there are a few option to get around that).

If it’s got the Plymouth dash, one thing I always wondered about was how much modification it would take to install and wire an 87 Lebron digital dash in the original 57-8 gauge housing.

lebaron digital dash by M Patterson, on Flickr

1957 Plymouth (Hemi, Dual Quads, A833 4 Speed 9 1/4 w 4.10) Sold
1937 Dodge Pickup (Hemi, 6X2 intake, 46RH, Dana 60 w 4.56) Sold
1968 Plymouth Valiant 2dr sedan (354 HEMI, 46RH w/4.30 gears)