Hey everyone, been a long while since I've been around here. Life got in the way but I'm a lot closer now to being able to buy a '70-'71 Challenger and start my build.

My goal is to make a resto mod/pro touring car that can handle very well (I intend to take it to some track events) and still give me a good ride for cruising or going around town every now and then.

I've mostly been considering what suspension setup to go with. I'm looking mostly at the Hotchkis TVS with their single adjustable shocks, a Heidts universal IRS in back, and a US Car Tool stage 3 chassis stiffening kit. But, I know there are coilover setups like the AlterKtion and there are completely new aftermarket chassis like the G-Machine, although that one requires more work to install than I really want to put in.

I'm led to believe that the Hotchkis setup generally does better with handling for less money than the coilovers, but I'm curious about how the ride quality differs between the two, and about how adjustable the coilovers are between a soft and hard ride.

Other elements of my build:

440/512 stroker, aluminum block and heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 XT fuel injection

TCI 6X automatic transmission OR Silver Sport A41 Perfect Fit Kit

Borgeson Power Steering Box

Another thing I've been considering is weight distribution. I know the original all-iron big block E-bodies were extremely front-heavy, and this engine I've speced out should weigh around 430-475, which shaves over 200 pounds off the front. What else can be done in aiding weight distribution to get closer to 50-50?