Trailer salesmen lie like car dealers do runaway
I bought and ordered a new Pace Shadow 22 Ft. 7000 Lb. enclosed car trailer to use behind my old motor home, the salesman told me it would weigh right at 1900 lbs. empty with no options, I added around 300 lbs. of options and that trailer actually weighed 4320 when I picked it up at the Pace factory in Hurricane ,Utah shock With no options the factory said they, that trailer model and size, all weighed in at least 3750 Lbs. ready to go with no options work When I put my car into that trailer it was over weight and illegal in CA puke work
My current 10,000 GVW 24 Ft. inside Pace Shadows weighed right at 8600 Lbs. on the axles with my old 3450 Lbs. pump gas duster in it with some tools and spare parts for racing, it added around 700 Lbs. of tonque weight on the rear axle of my 2005 Ram 3500 4WD single wheel pickup also and removed about 150 Lbs. off of the front axle at the same time shruggy work
Buy the 10,000 Lb. rated trailer to start with for the better brakes, axles, frame, tires and resale value up twocents
Make sure and buy a really good electric trailer brake controller also, no cheap ones tsk

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 06/10/18 11:51 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)