In defining the criteria for an O.E. restoration by my definition would be O.E. judging at either the Mopar Nationals or Dave Wise's ICCA O.E. judging. Both systems use multiple judges to scrutinize the car in extreme detail for many hours while on a lift etc. most cars have a possible score surpassing 3,000 points depending on the model and optional equipment. As compared to a car judged at MCACN where every car is sitting on the ground and gone over in a very short time period by the judges, receive a much more abbreviated judging, and the cars can score a maximum of 1,000 points. They call the cars at MCACN that achieve high scores "Gold" cars, but that isnt "O.E. Gold". it's a much lower standard which allows participants a much easier avenue to achieve "Gold" than it would be achieving the award in a true O.E. program.

I've had multiple people ask me for references when it comes to restoration shop choices and my standard answer usually includes this: If the shop has produced a restoration that has accomplished O.E. (Bronze/Silver/Gold at the Mopar Nationals) then they are then qualified as an O.E. capable shop. So, when it comes to achieving true "O.E." there are likely a number of other shops that could PROBABLY achieve it if they were supplied the right parts to get there, some customers just don't bring them the tools (parts) to accomplish it.

All that said, what shakerjoe said above is the case with almost everyone, basically that truely reaching the O.E. level is not thier goal, they just want the car to appear that way with compromises according to parts cost or availability. Just depends on what your true goals are for the car.