Originally Posted By SportF
I now have a truck that doesn't need the load level bars anymore. But, on a recent trip without the bars, its appears the trailer contents got shaken more than before.

On the return trip I put the bars on and set them with a small amount of tension.

The ride quality in the truck was not noticeably different either way, but it was a short trip.

Do any of you have a preference of use or not use for ride quality when towing?

IMO and from my experience.

The weight distribution bars are to spread out the load on the trailer tongue. The load is distributed through out the trailer tongue and tow vehicle with them, not just hanging on the trailer ball.

Yes you are correct that the ride is worse without them.

It is much harder on your trailer tongue and trailer hitch if you don't use them no matter how big your tow truck is.

I tow with a huge tow truck and I still use them with a open car trailer and my ride is noticeably better with them even with huge long wheelbase tow truck. This truck is air ride and I can adjust it, but the hitch and trailer tongue still needs the load distributed.
I have been towing with this rig since 2002 and over 100K miles with this rig alone.

Even this rig needs weight bars, all trailers in this range or larger need weight bars no matter how big and tough your tow vehicle is. The more tension the better in most cases.
Last month in Lakeland Fla. Look at that wheel base and I still can feel the weight bars work.

We have been all over the US and I can say for sure you should always use weigh bars to help protect your trailer tongue and hitch even with a little trailer like this one.

Even more important with a heavy load like this.