I just finished installing the windshield in my '64 B body Polara and the Dodge manual for that car stated to install the top of the windshield in the gasket first.

The gasket goes on the pinch weld first, not on the glass. Then the glass is inserted into the gasket on the top and the gasket is then worked onto the glass down both sides and across the bottom. You can't do it the conventional way with cord or twine pulling the gasket in place. You have to use a plastic tool or a thin smooth piece of wood to work the gasket in place.

Its a pain but can be done by one person if you take your time. Had my wife help me set the glass in place and I did the rest by myself. The total installation took about 3 hours including the locking strip. The gasket I used had an integral locking flange and didn't use the separate strip. Was much easier.

I will say that this installation reminded me of my sister-in-law. It was a real b-it-ch compared to the rear window, which went in the conventional way and took a total of 20 minutes to do.

Here's the locking flange.

Last edited by Centerline; 04/21/18 01:07 PM.

Centerline
64 Dodge Polara 426 Street Wedge - For when I want to go fast
99 Corvette Z-06 - For when I want to turn corners