I'm assembling a 1973 413 truck block now that I took in trade on assembling a customers pump gas pickup 440 motor that he had bought all the parts for the short block.
I sonic tested the 413 block and it was no where thick enough to bore to 4.320 safely tsk twocents
I had it bored to 4.250 and added a used Mopar brand 4.15 stroke crankshaft with the 2.375 rod journal sizes so I can put it in my 1963 Plymouth pump gas street car in the near futre, hopefully grin
This will be one of my old school junk parts build using a set of used 440 source heads that I took in trade, a set of custom Auto Teck pistons, a used set of Eagle Hemi rods with the big pins and so on wrench
I did reuse the crankshaft, I had it offset ground to BB Chevy rod sizes to 3.90 stroke for another pump gas build using a late model 440 block out of another 440 motor home take out wrench
I think the misinformation on those older 413 truck blocks was put on the internet by a keyboard "expert" runaway
I've sonic tested several of them (5+) and none of them where extra thick on the bores whiney shruggy The biggest I had any of them bored to was 4.250. IHTH thumbs

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 04/16/18 02:10 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)