Originally Posted By slantzilla
Originally Posted By MR_P_BODY
I didnt think anything like this was allowed
on the track
wave

As long as they do not transmit real time data to the driver while on track, or control any throttle or brake function they are legal. A Matty Box in unmodified form was and still is also legal.

What was the Matty Box if not a device to transmit information to the driver telling them if they were faster or slower than the projected number. The paperwork said it for use while testing.

Well actually, I'm not going to copy it all, but in NHRA, no computers (microprocessors) allowed "that activates any function of, or in any way affects the operation of, the vehicle based on measurement, sensing, processing, etc. of any data related to the performance of the vehicle." Closed EFI systems cannot monitor wheel speed, driveshaft speed, G-force, etc. Data recorders can't control any functions. Any adjustments or tuning must be preset before pulling out of the lanes.

To my knowledge, and I have just glanced at the rules, PDRA allows tire speed management in most classes except for Pro Stock. Duck X and the small tire/radial stuff all allow it. The high dollar bracket promotions do not allow it.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.