Originally Posted By OUTLAWD
I have a FITech on my 493 with a 260/266 @ 050 cam.

It doesn't have an option to go open loop or Alpha/N in idle, but with some trickery I got it to clean up at idle. FITech does have software to tune via laptop, I will say the software sucks, and they explicitly do not support any tuning you want to do on your own, and they don't document things very well either.

Next car will get proper MPI with a Holley ECU

i just put the FiTech Go8 1200 on the Charger just to see if it would run on an engine with big cam. The Charger has the 500" stroked 400, 12.4:1 compression, Hughes ported Victor MW heads, Comp HXL lobe solid roller 272/278 @ 0.050, 110 lsa, 0.726"0.726" lift. About 4-5" vacuum at idle.
I just tried the swap from carb to TBI EFI about 3-weeks ago using a temporary fuel system. Initial startup and idle looked like it will work, so I got the in-tank retro-fit EFI pump and adapted my old fuel system to the new system. I also got the timing control to work with a lean-burn distributor. I think one of the biggest factors with these self-learning systems is no exhaust leaks and full exhaust system so fresh air can not mess up the wide band O2 readings?
I have only drove the car about 30-miles, but it seemed to self-learn when driving, and does run good, but still working on the idle system.
Right now I have idle set a bit high at 1,300 RPM, and made a few adjustments to the idle mixture, idle ignition advance, and increased the idle trim rates a bit. I need to make a few adjustments for return to idle as it takes a bit of time for the idle to come back down, but it is not that bad.
The FiTech "power adder" versions come with the laptop software where you can tune with a laptop. I think the non-power adder versions can do this also, but you have to download the software from FiTech. I think they want to obscure the actual EFI control with simplified user software and instructions.

Holley has a "Super Sniper" TBI that looks really nice, has some additional features, and is priced the same as the FiTech. Their software is more traditional EFI menus and they have better instruction manuals and videos. I haven't used one, but have heard good things about the regular Sniper TBI system.