Originally Posted By TRENDZ

DCR= DYNAMIC compression ratio. The term dynamic TELLS you that it’s a changing value. If someone has chosen to use only one value of a constantly changing equation, the results will likely be less effective.
Throughout this thread, it appears that the mistake that people are making is they use “dynamic” as a fixed number/ point of reference.

Show me a "DYNAMIC" CR calculator that accounts for the differences in VE that occur at 1000 RPM intervals from 1000 to 7000. If it's in an engine simulation program, then the program probably calculates BMEP, too, which IMO is a more useful data point.

What people typically use to calculate DCR isn't DYNAMIC at all because it's a single point-in-time calc that ignores VE completely. THAT'S really a STATIC CR calculator where the IVC event is changed from the default BDC to ### degrees ABDC; nothing DYNAMIC at all about it until it can factor in VE changes under different operating conditions.

I'm not the one who is getting confused between the meanings of DYNAMIC and STATIC, regardless of whether the subject calculation is named incorrectly.

/////////////////

This has been an enlightening discussion, if for no other reason than I am truly surprised by how difficult it seems for some people to grasp what I think is a pretty basic concept. However, it appears to be headed for a death spiral for that same reason.

I'm fine with agreeing to disagree, regardless.