Originally Posted By dogdays
You're basically building a 440.
Any 440 with Stealth heads should be able to make 400-425hp falling out of bed. In other words, a Comp XE268 will probably do it. Don't believe me? Go back on this board and see what Fast68 did with one. But to get the "loopy" idle you need a different cam, either the Hughes smaller Whiplash or the Comp Thumper. Hughes says maximum compression ratio is 10.0:1 so that's what you build the engine to. If the piston requires some sort of a dish, be sure to use a piston with a "D-shaped" or "Inverted dome" dish.

I think you're looking at 450hp or maybe more.

R.
iagree up
On your deal a 850 CFM carb, a Holley late model D.P. or similar size from another good comapny, would be my choice due to the C.I. and longer stroke thumbs
Every RB motor I have added CFM to( a lot of them!) went quicker and faster at the track, which means they all made more power with more air and fuel consumption work
The drivers right foot determines how much air and fuel the motor consumes when being operated, the carb. size determines how much it will get at WOT only work shruggy
On the camshaft I like and use Comp Cams, take a look at the older Magnum 292H grind for your deal or maybe one of the later bigger XE or XE-HL grinds scope thumbs
No matter what you choose and use make sure to degree it in to the proper position wrench thumbs

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 03/27/18 11:43 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)