So three years later is there still a better seal in the orange versus black color ?

My newly rebuilt 432 Stroker 440 Source has a small leak and its definetly in this area

Valve Covers and Oil Pressure Sender perfect

I am still debating on if it was the actual seal , or those side o rings in the Mancini Retainer

It wasn't leaking prior to the rebuild this past fall , I offset the black fel pro seal at 6 and 12 and used black rtv on those side o rings on the Mancini Retainer for a few years and it was spotless

Only difference this time around is I don't know what black seal my engine builder used and the 440 Source crank is polished smooth versus the old factory crank that I took apart that was knurled in that seal area

Block was hot tanked prior to rebuild also , and I had a snap on borescope inbetween the engine and transmission double checking the cam plugs etc after engine was shut down looking for leaks

Had my engine builder offset the seals
at 6 and 12 , but he didn't use any rtv on those side o rings

Also on Hughes website they talk about Locktite 518 gluing the seal halves together where they contact

Just debating on these side o rings , black rtv or this anaerobic 518 gasket maker and the actual best seal before I attempt it again this weekend

Last edited by bee1971; 03/24/18 01:05 PM.

1971 Dodge Charger Superbee
2011 Ram Sport 1500 Quad Cab Deep Water Blue Loaded
Siberian Huskies