Originally Posted By Dduster
Originally Posted By Dave Hall
I bought my first 440 "race" engine from a guy running Super Gas with it at 145 plus. Ported iron heads, stock block, stroke, etc. My Challenger was a bit (4-500pds.???) heavier than his Daytona and I ran a smaller cam but would run 10.0's at 135-137. I still have the oil pump and hand grinded upon Harland Sharp roller rockers from it. Sold the epoxied, cracked, etc. cyl. heads. This thankfully happened on the starting line after a .001 light...

Dave,... that is an impressive photo for how to break a crankshaft!! eek I didn't think anyone could break one into that many pieces. I'm saving a copy of the photo for inspiration. Good Job up

That all stayed together believe it or not...Didn't come apart until I unbolted it. There is actually some blood drops on the pieces as the sumbith cut me while getting it apart. Part of it was wedged pretty good. It wasn't even loud, it just quit. The loudest, crappiest, scariest thing was shearing the ring gear! eek I thought the whole car blew up like a BOMB! nervous