Originally Posted By John_Kunkel
"Space constraints" is the key phrase. All of the suggested fans are too thick to fit my installation.

Looking for actual user inputs.

Hi John wave

Here is the fan I use. Mine is set up as a pusher but you have enough room to set it up as a puller. This unit is a little under 2.75in thick. This is a dual speed fan but I have mine set up to run full tilt whenever the thermostatic switch powers it up. I have a Derale adjustable switch with 30amp relay set to 170* and it will hold that temp all day long...even in 100*F ambient air temps.

Once, a few years back, I was in the staging lanes and forgot to hit the toggle switch that powers the relay and noticed water temp at 220* shock Then I realized the relay hadn't been powered up. Within 60 seconds the temp was back down to 170* thumbs This is a big 572ci Stroker (700+ HP) so it builds some serious heat.

I recommended the same fan to a buddy who runs a Roots blower on his 500in street build. He was having trouble with overheating in the hot Tenessee summer weather. On my recommendation he tried the Rainbow 17" fan setup and it solved all his problems. He was totally impressed.

These are 2 of my experiences and there are others ; 2 other buddies are running them on Pro-Charger BB builds with the same excellent results. Both cars are street/strip B-Bodies that run well into the 9's apimp

http://www.rainbowproductsonline.com/shroud-fan-assembly/cf-item20017-dual-cage.php

Hope this helps...

Ron