I have got failures with MP chrome box ( 3 of them in 2 years or so ), the old FBO A688 box, and a friend of mine with MP orange boxes. I made to fix the MP Chrome boxes replacing the power transistor. So my guess is the low quality components available on the market even being installed from manufacturer.

As mentioned, I made to fix one chromed box with a cheap ( and actually not the correct one ) transistor found locally, the CLOSER to the original specs I could find, but juts last long couple of weeks. Pretty much the replacement piece is also a cheap chinesse copy too. BUT found a REAL NOS OLD transistor in Germany ( MJ10012 on ebay ) made by MOTOROLA, not the later ones labeled ON... I'm still waiting to get my car on the road again to test it.

My friend with the Orange boxes found it seems some boxes got a chassis ground problem on printed circuit board, so he added a wire from there, where supposelly is chassis grounded straight from the PCB to the mounting bolt and got to make them work. Not all of them thought

I'm already running a Rev-N-Nator anyway.

Have tested the HiRev7500 box sold by Rick Erehnberg on ebay, and worked nice for me but a buddy of mine got it running a month or so. In my case is/will be my trunk spare piece.

So... its a lottery. But I think if money is not a big deal, the Rev-N-Nator is the way to go. True when I got it was a release price of $100 now is more expensive, but is a later version. I think it got some internals upgrades. Mine is the #20 from the manufacturer per the serial number.

If you are not on perfeormance ECU boxes deal, it seems the Standard LX100 and 101 are pieces that works nicelly and cheap enough to don't care get couple of them at the same time, for spare.

Last edited by NachoRT74; 03/13/18 11:19 AM.

With a Charger born in Chrysler assembly plant in Valencia, Venezuela