Quote:

one more thing, do your cars have the wire clip on the steering conector at the box? this clip was put on all 440 installs because the engine was put down in with manifolds installed so the column was removed then put back and the clip held the joint together better then just bending those little tabs.i was at the last reunion and all the 440 cars had them. and who do you think made that mount? not chrysler

I guess that you don't believe that MoPar built these cars on the line,so be it.Yes,my car has that clip on top of the coupler,and I believe that all M-code A-bodies have them,but the tabs on this clip go into the roll pin holes,so you need to remove or move it back to get the pin out of the coupler.So this clip would have nothing to do with holding the coupler together with the column out of the car,regardless of the reason.As far as the motor mount bracket,Chrysler doesn't produce many if any parts themselves,they are outsourced just like that bracket.These few things you've mentioned doesn't prove that Hurst built these cars.Until I see an official document from Chrysler or Hurst about who built these cars,I'm going with Chrysler.

1970 Dodge Charger R/T S.E. 1969 Dodge Dart GTS 440 M-Code 1970 Dodge Charger 500 383/4-speed w/A.C.