Originally Posted By 69_SIX_PACK
Originally Posted By SuperRob
Anybody remember the 69 Super Bee that was a topic here? The car was obviously pink from the factory, there was some rumor about being a FM3 test mule, which couldn't be proved. Wouldn't that have been a non Chrysler color too in 69?

That one captured my attention, I was pretty close to pulling the trigger on it. I need another project car like another hole in the head. But I just liked everything about it. Super solid as well. I think if it had an axle package as well I would not have been able to resist.

As Barry mentioned I found out that only the Assembly Plant and the original selling dealer would know what the paint code would have been for a Special Order Paint car. It just wasn't documented anywhere else.

Back to the 99 Bee for a second. This was stamped on it but I couldn't find any connection to it. I just thought it might have been a puzzle piece.

Dave

I also liked it a lot, just for it's "mistery" and neat options. But i just can't imagine myself driving around in a pink Bee. ;-)
Maybe someone wanted a pink Bee for his wife or daughter and maybe the factory said, hey, we have something in the closet for the 70 models - let's take this. Otherwise it would be a pretty good match with FM3 just by mistake.