Originally Posted By HEMICUDA
Originally Posted By Alaskan_TA

See the note on special order paint at http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/FleetBook/1970/70_Fleet_Colors_tops0004.jpg

I was also able to talk to one of the guys that worked at Hamtramck. I asked him about this & he said each of their major paint suppliers had a rep. present that could "mix any special paint color needed as needed on site".

"WAGs" are useless to me. work

Yep, "WAGs" are useless to me also. Every plant may have had a fulltime paint rep and you might be correct they could mix any color they offer. That is a far cry from "ANY", “ALL” or “without exception” I don't get. So, the way I would take your “guys” comment is that he can mix any paint “they” offer or is an already established “fleet or leased” color. How you’re getting to where you are with his comment? is beyond me.

Show just one documented 999 paint code car that wasn't either a past/present Chrysler or a fleet/lease color.

To the best of my knowledge Porsche still has a Paint To Match program where, for a fee, you can have any car painted any known color. Just provide the paint code.

So it's easy more me to see Mopar doing this for fleet vehicles.

Barry - you could have thrown out a bigger bone for all of us to chew on.