No it doesn't have "that lean burn stuff" on it. It's worse. It has a feedback carburetor and the car is partly run by computer.

The first thing to do has nothing to do with engine. The car may be equipped with a 7 1/4 rear end with as numerically low gears as 2.27, something like that. While the 318 is not a high revving screamer as installed, it would benefit from gears in the 3.23 to 3.55 range. There is a possibility that it's equipped with a more desirable rear such as 8 1/4 or even 9 1/4.

The second thing is to find a mid '70s 360 intake manifold. It will be spreadbore and may or may not contain EGR. No worries. The EGR is easily blocked off with an EGR valve, not hooked up to vacuum. If you are a carb guy, a Thermoquad will work, as will a Quadrajet. If you are bucks-up, a 625 Street Demon will bolt on. This intake is a true high rise and surprisingly good. If the port mismatch bothers you the heads can be opened up to match on three sides, IMHO the inner side of the runner curve doesn't matter as much. If you don't care to use a die grinder the intake will work as is. It's a heck of a lot better than the stock 2-barrel.

Don't let talk of heads cracking bother you. Mine weren't cracked. The cracked ones don't leak and came out of running engines. "Richen up" the carb? How on a feedback carb? Ditch the carb entirely. See above.

The stock cam isn't horrible, 0.390 lift, 191 degrees at 50, 110LSA. I replaced mine with the camshaft from a TBI 360. You can have your stock cam reground by Bullet for used to be $120. The 259/316 Bullet hydraulic roller grind is what has been suggested as the largest and this one is flirting with disaster IMHO as there isn't much valvespring installed height to work with. I ended up cutting down my valve guides (easy job) and using springs like the Comp 901s. If you don't want to go that route I'd suggest keeping lift below 0.430. There may be another stock cam that the cam gurus know about that will work better. They'll have to tell you that. I'd keep the hydraulic rollers.

Dual exhaust is a must, use an H or X pipe if you can. It isn't the converter that's the plug, it's the whole exhaust system. The stock manifolds aren't bad and you have them and they fit.

Transmission is an A-998 and it's a 3-speed with a 2.74 First gear. Nothing to do at this point.

Ignition will be adequate with a stock type electronic distributor, recurved, with stock type coil and ignition box. Seems from my online reference that your engine may indeed have a real distributor with advance and everything. I was surprised at that.

Good Luck with your efforts!

R.