I ran the Holley red pump for many years that needs no regulator as its preset to about 6 to 7 psi. I also found it was hard to actually mount it lower then the stock tank pick-up. So I mounted it right in front of the gas tank close to the sending unit outlet. I also always put a small amount of eng oil in any new Holley pump when I used them so it would not spin dry at all. I have ran the red pump like that for 21 years in my sons Dart and ran one in my 63 for 6 years until I went to the black pump. The pump primed with no problem and has never given me any problem at all. I would not say my pump is lower then my tank pick-up but its real close to the sending unit outlet that's in the front of my stock tanks and has worked fine all these years set up like that. I can say my pump sits even with the stock tanks sending unit outlet fuel tube. Its really tuff to try and find a good place to mount a fuel pump lower then the stock tank pickup since the sending unit pick up should be on the bottom of the tank. So I mounted mine where it is and it has always worked fine. I have never run a fuel cell on my cars as I have always had stock gas tanks and I always have run Holley electric fuel pumps because they have worked great for me. I also agree that wireing you electric pump through the oil pressure switch is a good idea. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 01/16/18 12:53 AM.