Originally Posted By csk
There can be a problem with the 8 3/4 true trac, the side gear on some have a lot of play in them allowing the axle to move a lot, it can wipe out the green style bearing, jack up car & grab the wheel top & bottom, see if you can move the wheel, ie slack.

Exactly! This is what Cass was telling me this morning. I was on the phone with him for 1/2 an hour. I grabbed the wheel at 3 & 9 o'clock and it moves as if the wheel is turning left and right.

I hope putting in one of Cass's new Blueprinted Suregrip diff's eliminates this wheel bearing issue and leads to the elimination of the high speed vibration I have been experiencing for the last several years. The driveline is smooth as silk until 95 mph and then a serious resonating vibration begins and increases with speed. It resonates through the entire car. My pinion angle is optimum, tires balanced and I thought I would never figure this out.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)