shock

I respect your opinion always Dwayne, but if it were mine there's no way I'd turn loose a worked set of big port big valve -1's for a 906 size head port, not on something with a 4.25" stroke arm PLUS a light bobweight short rod low deck. That smallish cam will still make massive torque and carry RPM better with that cam, the biggish 2.25" valve will offset some of the reduced lift and duration and still let it breathe up top.

I think Mopar Muscle many years ago built an SR 440 dual plane 4.5 x 4.5 572 wedge many years ago with a little "broomstick 235/245@.050 Lunati FLAT TAPPET Hydraulic and the thing still made 700 lb/ft below 4000 and 615hp at 5100, and it still revved to 5600+.

As good as the 240TF's must be, you'd want a bigger cam in it for this combo to take advantage of them. I kno those heads are a far sight better than my old 508 Stage V motor, but it liked a 252/258 @.050 ~.590 lift cam and a single plan to pull the revs up.

A good head with a small cam will still make power and broad torque, but a small port (again relative to displacement) head combined with a 238/246 smallish cam may IMO feel like an Oldsmobile 455, kind of a big grunt tractor motor with an artificially low RPM cieling pulling vaccuum up high just out of shear port velocity/lack of cross section going hypersonic. The long stroke eats a lot of duration at BDC and the piston speed builds a lot of port velocity. If it were a 470 with a bigger bore/shorter stroke I'd be with you on the TF's, but I'd still want a bit bigger cam, maybe like a 248 single pattern at least. To my thinking with a small cam the big valve/port and flow window
positively offests the "lack" of duration to give you great torque and velocity down low but better breathing up high. Broader torque win-win.

Whose the Moparts buddy with like 3 or 4 500" Motors in 70 B and E bodies, Old School? Aren't all his motors max wedges too? They're all torque monsters with big heads and mildish cams and mid 3 gearing.

Last edited by Streetwize; 12/14/17 12:22 AM.

WIZE

World's Quickest Diahatsu Rocky (??) 414" Stroker Small block Mopar Powered. 10.84 @ 123...and gettin' quicker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mWzLma3YGI

In Car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjXcf95e6v0