Originally Posted By John_Kunkel
Originally Posted By goldduster318
. I am not aware of any OEM vehicle that comes with DOT5.

Avanti, Harley Davidson, probably some exotics.

If there is any ABS/ESC on these vehicles (which is required on USA sold cars since 2011), I can pretty much assure you they aren't using DOT5 silicone brake fluid as I'm not aware of any supplier that allows it. I worked at 2 of the 6 major companies that sell these systems. DOT5.1, they allow but I don't consider that to be very different than DOT4.

Originally Posted By Supercuda
Dot 5 or Dot 5.1?

Dot 5 isn't compatible with ABS systems so I doubt any OEM is using it.

5.1 is NOT silicone based.

Thank you, I believe you are correct.

Originally Posted By GoodysGotaCuda
For what it's worth, for street use I haven't had any issues with the DOT5, but it's also only been 1,500 miles.

....the Wilwood pad knockback, however, is a different story.

What's your rotor runout? If they are the two piece hub type, perhaps you can re-clock the rotor on the hub to help it. IMO over 40 micron is too much on anything near a new condition.

also from wilwood's own site:
http://www.wilwood.com/TechTip/TechBrakeFluidTip.aspx

Quote:
Wilwood does not recommend using DOT 5 fluid in any racing applications. DOT 5 fluid is not hygroscopic, so as moisture enters the system, it is not absorbed by the fluid, and results in beads of moisture moving through the brake line, collecting in the calipers. It is not uncommon to have caliper temperatures exceed 200 degrees F, and at 212 degrees F, this collected moisture will boil causing vapor lock and system failure. Additionally, DOT 5 fluid is highly compressible due to aeration and foaming under normal braking conditions, providing a spongy brake feel.

'70 Duster 470hp 340/T56 Magnum/8 3/4 3.23 Sure-Grip