Originally Posted By moparcyco
Dayclona, that is how my shifter is setup. American powertrain modifies the tailshaft much differently than that picture to help clear torsion bar cross member. I installed trans went right in looks like it will clear everything ok. Just wanted to see how much original floor (ouch) I am going to have to cut out. Also do you normally make a block off plate of some kind for the oe shifter hole? I also see what your saying on a spacer for the mount holy crap that hangs low! How much do you normally space those? Thanks

That's an old pic of the tailshaft section, most of the mfg's of TKO kits have machined the tailshaft to rid it of of unnecessary casting/ribs/etc, I don't know what the current AP tranny crossmember looks like (their initial offering was a copy of Keislers 1st gen mount) there is no "set" value that I can give you for a spacer, you need to determine what you want the driveline angle to be (buy an inclination meter/dial if you don't have one)I usually aim for 2-3 degrees tailshaft downward to mimic the factory driveline angle, how much room you have to "push" the tranny tailshaft upwards will be your limiting factor on a stock floor/torsion crossmember

If the transmission still has the vertical rib on top of the tailshaft where it contacts the upper torsion bar crossmember in the tunnel, you can trim that rib right off for more "upward" room/clearance...and yes just make a plate to block the factory 4 spd hole, screw it in place using the factory boot ring holes or weld, your choice

Mike