How did the narrow LSA help you run on pump gas?

I'm assuming your talking about a turbo application, which has different back-pressure than supercharged.

At any rate, your intake ports had carbon in them because the engine had reversion, which I'm sure you know, just like lots of engines with lots of overlap. Being boosted doesn't help reversion at idle and most of the other conditions that engines are susceptible to reversion. So you ran a cam with a lot of overlap and saw evidence of reversion, nothing surprising there really.

I'm keeping an open mind as well. But we know that flow is initiated by pressure drop. When the intake charge begins to fill the cylinder we know the pressure in the intake manifold is greater than the pressure in the cylinder. So, now lets say the intake manifold pressure is 14.7 PSI (just 1 atmosphere) and the pressure in the cylinder is somewhere around 0. What do you think happens to the air/pressure in the port right around the valve once it starts to open? And what does the air behind it in the rest of the port do?

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street