Originally Posted By sunroofgtx
I have the extreme timing kit that is not being made anymore. Summit had them for the Mallory's, but they are not being made. I have some on the shelf, if you really want to get into the exacts. it really is easy changing the springs with tiny/long needle nose, without tearing the whole thing apart.

If you or your team members know of a spring combo that starts around 1500 rpm and is all in around 2800-3000 rpm with 14 degrees of mechanical advance that would be awesome.
I would buy the springs from you if you guys can find that combo.
Idk if you guys have a distributor machine but if you do or you have access to one it would be fairly easy to play around with some different spring combo’s to find a combo that is all in around 2800-3000 with 14 degrees of mechanical advance.
Cause my engine likes a lot of initial timing but doesn’t like a whole lot of total timing and it doesn’t like the advance rate to be too quick.
So it’s kind of a picky little small block with timing but a lot of it is because it’s in a heavy, lifted 4x4 truck with big tires.
I think the heavier bigger truck along with the smaller truck camshaft that’s the reason it prefers a slower advance rate, it idles best with 18 initial and 12 from vacuum advance for a total of 30 at idle and it likes the total to be at 32, Magnum heads don’t require as much total timing as the older stuff.
I think if I could find an advance rate that was all in by 3000 it would be perfect.
But right now with the one black and one silver spring it made a big difference and smoothed things out.
I’m going to put a wideband o2 on it soon so I can make sure my carburetor is dialed in good.
Cause right now I’ve got the carburetor tuned by feel and by reading plugs and the vacuum gauge, so I think it’s close but it’s probly not perfect.