Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
If it starts to get unstable, just let off the gas. Too many try to be a hero and stay in it.

Only time I've ever had a high speed issue was w/ bias ply tires that had too little air pressure.
iagree My "first" dedicated drag race car was a 1960 Dodge Phoenix that weighed over 4100 lbs. without me in it, I put a cheater 1959 SS 383 stroker motor (unknown C.I., 4.375 stroke with a 4.410 bore, I think confused I didn't have any micrometers back then realcrazy) in it. It ran high 12.s at 105 MPH at the old Thermal air port drags in Coachella Valley, CA a long time ago shruggy It had a set of 5.0x14 inch stock steel rims on it with a set of Penny 8.00x14 7 inch wide drag slicks with probably way to little air pressure in them confused realcrazy It would wonder around every time I let off at any speed above 30 MPH, I soon learned that the back had to follow the front as long as I didn't try to correct with the steering wheel shock up work
I would put a tiny bit of left turn into the wheel after I let off in the 1/4 mile and let it slow down while the back end sashay around all it wanted to whistling
I've never crashed a car at the track, YET luck
Not so on street cars down whiney
Be safe, don't crash tsk

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 10/31/17 03:23 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)