Well - put four more hits on the new combo today - messing with the front shocks still, adding some fuel pressure and playing with the jets.

Did not get video of the first run as I thought Al was staying at his trailer to work on his car - so I went up and ran - oops.

We still haven't gotten serious about the engine yet, and haven't touched the rear suspension - but I'm starting to have my doubts about the horsepower this is supposed to make. Not knocking yet - but I don't see 8-9MPH in 4 degrees of timing or changing a plug gap. I'm starting to wonder if the valve springs are shot as it it is quicker than it ever was to the 1/8th - but then it is slower than it used to be on the top end. My old bullet used to really charge hard on the top. This is at that same level, but getting to the 1/8th quicker and then running the same et is just baffling me.

One thing is for sure though - it wants fuel. I was jetted 92 square on the 1050s and it just isn't pulling up top. Noticed that my 8.5lbs of fuel was only 6 at the strip - so we bumped that up. It picked up 2 mph. Then we bumped the jets from 92 to 96 and it picked up another 2 mph - finishing with a days best of just under 144 mph - which is the best mph it had before.

We jumped it up to 98s and it slowed down a few mph - so - I'll back it down to the 96s.

Al said the car is leaving better than it ever has. Starting to carry the fronts a little (it used to pick them up and set them straight back down like a super car), hitting the tire, and running flat. So - I think I'm really close ont he four link set-up. For the record - we have not touched the rear shocks yet - they are 4/4.

Oh YEah, and until I can deal with my brake shimmy - I was dropping the laundry today for the first time ever. It worked in slowing the car down, but it is highly over-rated. Thank goodness Al's boy was there to pack it. I will only pull that thing if I need it, and I was hoping that with this new motor I would.

Here's the video. Critique away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFfKleDgKz0