OK, sometimes I can't help myself from posting this sort of stuff... even when I probably shouldn't for a variety of reasons. None the less...

I have an ever-expanding collection of 4150-type carbs as listed below. As much as I'd like to throw each one on the engine dyno to see what's what, the reality of time constraints will likely limit testing to two, maybe 3, if any level of dialing in a particular carb is to be done.

In addition, one carb that absolutely needs to be in the subset being tested is the #1 carb in the list, because that's the last baseline I have and what was run successfully on my car in the past.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. BG Race Demon RS set up w/ 1.42" venturi sleeves
=> previous tune as used on my car when it ran 10.5s as driven to the track

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So... that means you can pick two (2) of the remaining carbs listed.

2. BG Gold Claw set up w/ 1.50" venturi sleeves
=> new & untested config
=> pushing the limit for venturi size w/ downleg boosters that I believe will work well on my car

3. QFT/Proform 1.45" venturi main body used as basis for complete carb
=> original boosters; new & untested
=> Basically a Proform "950" with a better tune

4. QFT/Proform 1.52" venturi main body used as basis for complete carb
=> BLP modified boosters; new & untested; this is the limit for venturi size w/ downleg boosters I'll try
=> comparable to a QFT Race-Q 1000, which Quick Fuel used to win the small-block class in the last BLP Carb Challenge held a few years ago

5. QFT/Proform 1.59" venturi annular booster main body used as basis for complete carb
=> original boosters; new & untested
=> comparable to a QFT Race-Q 1050-AN, which AndyF said has been the best performing 4150 carb he's tested so far

6a. Holley Ultra HP/XP 1.60" venturi carb re-fitted with Mark Whitener's custom annular boosters
=> purchased from AndyF 'cuz I thought it looked "interesting"
=> Dominic "Thumper Carbs" worked on the tune to make it more driveable vs its original dyno tune

6b. Same as #6a, only with Holley Ultra HP/XP 1.56" venturi main body blended out to 1.58" and equipped with the same 12-hole annular boosters as the #5 carb
=> new & untested config
=> Mark Whitener's flow testing of a variety of carbs showed the modified Ultra HP/XP 1.56" (1.58") venturi main body flowed noticeably better than Holley's 1.60" venturi body... so I decided to build one

Do your votes really count towards what I run? Ummmm... nope. laugh2

The final choices are still mine, but I'm interested in hearing people's feedback & thoughts on the subject, regardless. work

Before anyone says anything about it - right, no Dominators.

I'm A$$uming most people are familiar w/ my junk, as much as I've posted over the years.

If you're not, the $.05 tour will be brief:
- 440 street/strip car
- 3800#s w/ driver
- pump fuel... that'll probably need to get spiked w/ some race gas cuz the CR is now up to 11.5
- 4500-stall converter
- 4.10s
- 275/60R15 DOT drag radials
- Guess-timating the new combination will make... 650+ HP... and the car "should" be capable of running closer to 10.0s once sorted out

OK, back to all the other stuff I have to deal with. - Brad