Ugh, This thing has been plagued by bad luck lol. Took out the supercharged/e85 340 for a ride to work on tuning and trouble shoot a few ignition problems. I let it warm up for maybe 5 minutes, checked trans fluid and began taking it around the block when I realized it was creeping up to 220degrees. I was just turning onto a main road so I figured I'd give it some speed and let the air cool it but it started climbing slowly. I turned around to head home and just as I started pulling down my street the temp started climbing quickly to 240. by the time I shut it down I was at around 250 and coasted it into my driveway. No engine noise, but I had some water spraying out of my hose clamps and the radiator was making a A few loud bangs after I shut down.

Turns out the brand new thermostat I had in there stuck itself closed.

I'm just really worried about the motor being it is brand new, only has maybe 50 miles on it and I'm still running break in oil. I mean it only ran at 240/50 for a few seconds at most, should I be worried? I wish I could have shut it down sooner but the street was busy with traffic coming up behind me and I didn't feel safe getting stuck on the main road when my driveway was just a few yards ahead.

Last edited by 1mean340; 10/14/17 11:25 PM.