Originally Posted By John_Kunkel
I assume he's returning the throttle to idle when shifting to Neutral thus reducing the load on the slipping component(s) and allowing them to engage.

Same thing would likely happen by just reducing the throttle.

The few times it has happened, I have let off the gas and stepped on it again and it slipped again. That was when I went for the button and put it into neutral and then back into drive...

My fear is I have something in the kickdown wrong, I have the aftermarket cable and for sure can't determine if the trans lever should be pulled forward with a spring or not. Depends on whose cable you buy. Also since I did not fabricate any of my own brackets for the kickdown cable and throttle setup. I used stuff from the company I bought the cable for and it was for use with the carb and linkage I'm using.

I'm going to drive it a bit more before I pull the trans out.

The other part of my issue is that winter will be upon us soon here in NJ and if I'm getting it rebuilt I need to get in line for the guy I want to do it. I have quite a few trips planned next year and don't want the transmission to put me out of comission for any part of the driving season.

2004 ram 2500 CTD
1977 Volare Road Runner, 360/4 speed
1956 Savoy. 318 poly, pushbutton torqueflite