Originally Posted By mrpatel
I was thinking of going single stage red urethane and then water sanding and then clear coating.

you can do that no problem. you will have less texture and the gloss retention will be better. the problem is it will look just like a BC CC paint job. when you clear solid single stage paint you are just replacing the BC with single stage color. i would recommend tinting the CC with 30% of the color. you will be spraying a really translucent color over your blocked out color. you won't need coverage because the solid color you blocked out does that. painting this way will give you really good depth when you look at it. it will have much better gloss than just a solid color. when you mix paint this way, mix it with whichever ratio uses the most catalyst. with PPG i know the solid color mix ratio is different than the CC ratio.

when i spray DCC single stage solid color i paint 2 coats of mixed solid color. i then put 4 coats of solid color mixed 30% color 70% dcu2021 clear. i them block out and buff. the clear added to the color makes it much easier to buff. it will have really good depth also.
when i paint it's in a down draft baking booth so there isn't much difference in bake times. when spraying this way air dry add about 20% more dry time before cutting and buffing due to more film build.

perception is 90% of reality