MikeyT; I'd say a qualified yes. You could modify a 750 eddy for it but, you will run into problems you wouldn't have with a holley.
First problem, no one makes jets big enough that I'm aware of, you'd have to drill your's. To get your idle curcuit rich enough you'd have to drill the emulsion tubes in your boosters. If you go to far there isn't any going back unless you can solder the hole and redrill.
My 750 AFB #4327S test mule's emulsion tubes started out at .037 I increased them to .040 when I installed a 509 cam on gasoline to get it to idle. With E-85 I'd have to drill them to .043 to get it 35% richer over the .037 baseline. With a long duration cam it would be a bit more. Also you still would have to increase the squirter size and pump shot duration for your accelerator pump curcuit.
I'd do it to my carb if I had a spare 1407 eddy laying around but I hesitate to recomend it to someone else.
As much as I like AFB/AVS/TQ carbs there just aren't as many tuning parts available as there are for holleys.Dave