Well I've heard the naysayers and the doom and gloomers talk about all the bad aspects of running E-85. I've had people tell me it will corrode aluminum, ruin rubber fuel lines, eat plastic, eat carburetors alive.
After hearing all these predictions I decided to put it to the test. Last Sept. I drove my truck down to Interstate Dragways to see Don1 and JericoGTX. After I got home that night I parked the truck in the garage. That was the last time it was started or run until tonite. It had a 3/4 full tank of E-85 in it. I shut the electric fuel pump off and let the engine run until it died. The rear float bowl was almost full, I didn't touch anything, I didn't even open the hood until tonite.
I went out to the garage tonite, opened the hood, pulled the aircleaner. As I always do after sitting all winter, I started the fuel pump and let the carb fill and made sure the floats weren't stuck before hitting the key. I checked the accelerator pumps and found the rear one wasn't pushing fuel out the squirters. I pulled the rear bowl and metering block off along with the rear squirter. Everything looked as good as the day I screwed it together last summer. The needle under the squirter was stuck and a shot of carb cleaner in a can fixed that. I put everything back together let the carb fill and hit the key. The engine started instantly and ran as sharp as it did the last time I drove it in Sept.
The plastic fuel cell, 3/8" aluminum fuel line, no name electric fuel pump, rubber fuel line, inline fuel filter, and carb look and work as good as they did in Sept.
So much for the naysayers and the rest that said it wouldn't work. The only down side I can see is that the 105-110 octane E-85 is now only $.30 under 89.5 octane regular at my local station.Dave