Originally Posted By nomore65BelvJim
yes but....are they legal to land with?
Legal doesn't prevent harm, especially in airplanes work
My airplane sat in a hangar in Novato for several years before I got it, I have no idea how old the mains and front tires where when I got it, it wasn't enter in the logs by the decease previous owner confused
I ended up flat spotting both mains shortly after buying and flying it do to not being a good pilot and knowing how to land that airplane properly and safely realcrazy I replaced them with some cheap, legal mains and ended up replacing the front tire around a year later. Those cheap mains lasted less than 4 years before they started weather checking from sitting outside tied down for those four years in Hesperia, CA before I was able to buy a hanger on the field for it. That was a Comanche 250 that I learned to land at 85 MPH indicated with or without flaps, those long tapered wings love to float above 90 MPH runaway
I ended up putting a set of the best Goodyears available on the mains and they where still on it when it got total by a hail storm in Bend in the spring of 2006 whiney
What risk are you willing to gamble on? work
I have a pile of destroyed trailer tires that had the caps come off going or coming back from the races at 55 to 65 MPH, I hate having tire troubles on the road down I carry three spares for the race trailer now work

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)