Originally Posted By AndyF
Originally Posted By BradH
Originally Posted By polyspheric
Generality: an annular booster provides a stronger signal and will deliver more accurate metering at low air speed, and a cleaner transition to main metering without excess richness.

That's pretty much the exact opposite of what my last annular combination did on the street; it came up on the main circuits too quickly during part-throttle street use and drove like a pig compared to the downleg config I compared it against. puke

I'm hoping my tuning capabilities are better the next time I run 'em, though. I'm still interested in seeing if I can get a big venturi annular 4150 to work for me. luck

They work really well on the dyno. The last round of testing I did with a 1050-AN from QF made more power than any downleg booster carb that I tried. As for the street, well that is more complicated.......

my 1050 AN works great on the street, much better than the large venturi down leg I had before, love it !! BUT EFI is in the future.

Last edited by csk; 08/30/17 01:20 AM.

1968 Charger COLD A/C Hilborn EFI
512ci 9.7 compression, Stealth heads, 4.10 gear A518 ODtrans 4100lb,10.93 full street car trim
2020 T/A 392 Stock 11.79 @ 114.5