Originally Posted By MI Mopar Works
Originally Posted By NANKET
I don't agree with a difference in these bolts. I hav 67 thru 70 b-bodies and they all use the same bolts for ballast, voltage reg, starter relay. No mark In the head, no spinning washer and no teeth on the underside. See picture. I have LA and St Louis cars 67-70 all use these bolts. Those anchor bolts with washer and teeth are newer.

There are definitely 2 different bolts used between 68-69. The ones you have pictured are typical 68 style. You are right about the anchor marking ones being newer. I should have caught that. The anchor ones are identical to the original bolts other than the head marking. Original 69-70 bolts actually had a head marking that looked like a target almost. You can kind of see it in this picture on the ballast resistor and voltage regulator. The engine ground uses a different type of bolt entirely. (5600 original mile A12 69 1/2 Super Bee survivor)

Where there two different types of ballast resistors used? The one you show clearly uses the same fastener as the VR, but my ballast resistor fastener hold is through the resistor itself and requires a longer fastener. Bill Rolik sells a fastener that is longer and would accommodate my application. BUT I don't want wrong fasteners on my car. I did not have the correct fastener in the BR to start with so I want the correct BR and the correct fastener.

I don't recall my ground strap using a different fastener than the other firewall parts? I have the original ground strap and will look at the indention the fastener made on the strap to see if it is larger than the other firewall fasteners. I do have the original fasteners for the starter relay, VR....and thought ground strap.

I am restoring a 69 Charger RT original drivetrain, sheetmetal, floors etc. local Charlotte car that I have known since I was 16. My neighbor owned the car.