Quote:

Quote:

2.2L K car alternator with V belt. Direct bolt in.

hmmm what output rating do they have .

I'm curious about that one, too. Does the K-car alternator still have an external regulator? Is it one field wire or two?

It's probably just the same as most any of the square-back ALT's. It's two wire, and externally regulated. Probably something like 60A, which is about what you get from the parts hous if you ask for a 74 Swinger 318 with A/C...

My 86 Shelby Charger uses a similar looking ALT, also square back and dual wire externally regulated. It's got a thin metal ring in the middle, like 1/8" wide, where the "normal" old-skool ALT is about 1/2" wide. This is supposedly a higher-rated ALT, but I don't recall how high. That one would require a pulley swap, but I bet it's a direct swap. FWIW, the power module behind the battery is what controls the ALT output. Mine took a dump a bunch of years ago, and I simply pulled the two wires that that ran the ALT and plugged them in to a typical fender-mount electronic regulator. Worked great for a few years until I found another good PM.

Also, the REAR dust caps, nuts, key washers, and adjuster nuts on Dodge Daytonas (87-89 at least) are perfect fits for the FRONT dust caps on big bolt pattern disks, AKA, Darts, Challengers, and the cop rotors.

Clair