Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
John, have you measured the net lift at the valve, after lash, with full spring load, with the new set-up?

I have a customer and friend who teaches the H.P. course at one of the SO CA ITT or UTI auto tech. schools (CRS whiney) who broke a valve in one of the motors I built for his 1968 dart BB drag car, he is putting it back together himself now and calls me when ever he has a question. He has found thing I missed , crank snout had .0015 run out at the timing gear and he saw the timing change tension vary from that difference thumbs
He is a book reader and cautious on some of the clearances, (he worked over twenty years in one of the SO CA Jaguar dealership before starting teaching, he has had the ASE master tech rating since day one) he was concerned with .060 intake valve to piston clearance and .085 clearance on the exhaust side with checking springs using a dial indicator on the retainer aligned with the valve stem angles front to rear and straight up and down. He clayed it also and saw some variance between the two ways so he called. I ask him to put the roller cam springs in ands redo the clay, it picked up over .020 more clearance thumbs
He is happy and worry free now boogie grin
When in doubt, check it out scope

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 07/11/17 02:21 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)