Originally Posted By moretoys
The engine came out of same vehicle? guessing it is a grand cherokee.? The rear drive plate / flywheel is same part number 99 and 2004.as is the oil pump drive, the sensors are a different part number, but that is probably because the connectors changed.was this a 50,000 mile original engine or 50,000 miles on a rebuilt engine? move the oil pump drive 1 tooth and see what happens, see how it runs. cylinder #1 is the very front.
its a 04 motor with 50 k original miles. when i researched (ebay) flywheel for a 99, i think it said it was compatible 96-01, thats what im going off of, the jeep i pulled the motor from was in an accident but i heard the motor run. so i have both vehicles the 99 and the donor jeep 04, so i have two of everything, and have swapped out the sensors and the connectors are the same, but i will take your advice and try moving it, a tooth if thats possible, i guess really you're not aliening the hole you but the toothpick in. and maybe i do my homework a little more before i start yanking stuff apart. again i thank all input. definitely getting closer.