Originally Posted By 69hemibeep
At a 1/4 tank the fuel is nowhere near the vent lines? Unless you have a new less than accurate sending unit. If it is a vent its going to be the short J shaped one that clips to the support above and should connect to the long tube in the tank.

This is what I think too. When I pull into the garage the car goes on quite the incline which probably causes whatever has is in he tank to slosh all the way to the back where the long interior line is that connects to the short J hose on the outside. Maybe because the everything is hot there is a slight vacuum and when it sloshes to the rear that one vent line sucks up some gas and then proceeds to spit it out.

Next time I park I will back in to keep the fuel away from that one line and see what happens.

I'll report the results.

I'm also going to check and see if the short j tube has the clip and is connected to the subframe. Maybe if it's hanging a bit that could be an issue too. I didn't pay enough attention to it he last time I was under the car.

The sending unit is a good one. Works accurately. It was bought from mopar in 1996 but only put into service in 2015

Last edited by 4mulaS; 07/08/17 11:12 PM.

66Scar