Originally Posted By Tom_Quad
I am not going to continue to provide any more mopar technical support here on moparts. As I provide technical support in my employment on very very complicated technology this is not my first technical information rodeo. I might have a clue on how to analyze information and create proper technical documentation/information. The six pak tuning guide is a perfect example of well researched information that does not get used before coming on here complaining that the damn thing doesn't work correctly and getting bad advice from the uninformed.

Some of you are very uninformed and are incapable of comprehending anything that makes good sense. You pollute threads with hearsay, old wives tales/opinions and refuse to use good technical advice. Diplomacy prevents me from speaking directly to a few of you and telling you in plain english that children should be seen and not heard.

Good luck with your 160 or 180 degree thermostats in your "old iron" and your fast wearing - poor running engines. BTW in 1970 the thermostats were 190 degrees from the factory...

i will miss your wisdom tom. you are spot on about using a high temp 'stat, and today's fuel, in my opinion, requires a higher engine temperature to burn correctly. my '78 E58 cop motor came with a 195 'stat, and it ran 195-200 down the road in my '38 plymouth coupe. in high ambient temperature with stop - n- go traffic, it ran 210-215. this is with just a re cored stock radiator and a stainless 5 blade flex fan [no shroud]. it made good power, got reasonable gas mileage, and never puked when shut off. always started instantly when heat soaked to boot. i have a buddy that has a 55 chevy with a '95 LT1 that gets hyper when his temp hits around 200. most vehicles today run a 205-210 'stat. i know some will mention the newer machining operations and the computer controls as the reason for higher 'stats, but unless you are pushing 230+, i for one, wouldn't fret a bit about a 200-205 temperature reading. i understand your frustration completely because i have experienced some of your same deals with guys around here. i try to help them through my knowledge gained by the mistakes i have made in the past so they will save time and money, but they just want to label me as an "old, crabby know-it-all". any more, i just let it roll off my back, even though in the end, their results want me to say : "i hate to say i told you so, but......" and now, i'm being plagued by "old timers", and have to watch what i say because sometimes i get confused and blurt out wrong stuff. however, i am quick to "own up" to being stupid, when others seem to try blaming something else when things go wrong. just my opinion tom, but i for one will miss you.
beer