Quote:

Is this for power steering? I've heard there is a difference, if so, does anyone know the factory part number for a manual steering coupler? Thanks and the rest of this has been very helpful to me in my rebuilding/converting my steering shaft!

Also, has anyone replaced the pin that goes in the shaft itself? I tried and it's pressed in really hard, I started to burr the end over, I even heated the shaft and it still won't punch out. Now I've got to get it out as the pin is ruined. I have a press but I was wondering if others have had a problem or just never needed to do it. Thanks again!

the diff between manual and powered box coupler is the cupler itself, not internals... spline stud is bigger on manual boxes so then the coupler, but keeping same internals.

I tried to replace the pin on shaft, but noticing how hard is pressed in, simply decided not to replace. Anyway thats a piece that is really hard to worn out. Shoes and retaining spring are the REAL pieces to replace.

BTW the spring mounts by a side of shoes, not in front of shaft/shoes like the first diagram shows

With a Charger born in Chrysler assembly plant in Valencia, Venezuela