I've shot stuff with Rustolium with my elcheapo siphon feed gun and it does flow really nice, but I was using mostly the Black Commercial Grade that Rustolium has. Overnite cure on descent days and nice sheen and pretty tough once dry. Rattle can wise.....it's harder to lay down nice...as it seems Krylon has the know-how to make descent spray bomb nozzles, while Rusto hasn't stepped up to the plate yet. There was one member who shot his truck with Rustolium, 2 toned--and it looked real nice. I did a rusted roof once.....but the Southern Sun did a number on it after about 2 years.

Without Primer......I'd still like to have primer that likes to bite into the metal, say an etching primer prior.

I used to fly RC aircraft and the exhaust residue will peel most paints. The Rustolium was an old trick of that hobby, as it was "fuel proof"--while others were spending alot of cash for 2 part epoxy paints.

Seems you have come up with a very "valid" way to do your car "on the cheap", and in your garage--without all the mess and fumes. I can honestly say that of all the rolled and brushed cars/trucks I've seen, yours take the cake and doesn't look bad at all! I've seen crappier "shot" jobs.

Last edited by KingMopar; 01/29/06 12:25 AM.