I'm very close to pulling the trigger on either a '78 or '79 Power Wagon. Both are factory 360 two barrel trucks. My question is this. While I don't "need" a four wheel drive, I love the stance, and the ability every once in awhile (hardly ever but still....) use the 4wd for a little fun in the sand, but again, it won't be very often. I just can't get over how much I love the look of the Power Wagon vs. the 2wd. If I got a 2wd I would get new springs in front that level the front with the rear, which gives it a much better look in my opinion (I've owned a couple of 2wd D150's). So finally my question. Should I stay away from 4wd, and just stick with 2wd? Will it be more trouble than it's worth, with the added weight up front, tire wear, maintenance, and harsher ride? It will not be a daily driver, just a nice weather cruiser and Home Depot run kind of truck. Do I need to be smart and just use some new springs to get a nice stance on a 2wd or go for a Power Wagon and really satisfy myself?

Facts are stubborn things.