Originally Posted By EV2Bird

In the end I think most use what works best for them in there application, I think Cab is old school smart and if hes using full groove mains and they work for his application thats great because really alot of use use the same basic parts its only the application and build techniques that differ.

Being a engine builder and a long time drag racer the reason I advocate and use full groove main bearings on all of my HP engine builds for B,RB and all hemi motors is that I like the rods to have oil pressure during 360 degrees of crankshaft rotation, not just 180 degree that the single upper groove main bearings provide.
Think about the hole in the crankshaft from the main bearings to the rod journals and when the rods are getting oil pressure and where is the most load on the bearings and rods, it is not in the bottom half of the stroke work shruggy
To many people, races and others, believe what they hear from "experts or what they read from some expert" in print, not what they have actual real world experiences from work
My first rod bearing failure(when I was 19 yrs old) was due to me running my go to work daily driver to low on oil many years ago tsk I got lucky and had it fixed before it spun, it rolled a piece of the center of one rod bearing up and staring knocking and didn't spin boogie
The mechanic showed me that bearing and explained what he thought had happened, that was a true blessing that helped me start to understand why things got hurt and failed.
Racing motor engine bearings normally fail do to a lack of adequate oil supply or to much air in the oil work
Take a look at NASCAR and road racing engines that live for hundred of laps at or above 7500 RPM, Formula One motors revved way past 15,000 RPM is what I have heard on T.V broadcast and they live for the entire race.
My Son worked for Rob Muzzy for many years in his production shop, I was privileged to be able to talk to Rob and his main racing mechanics about the RPM and the details that they had to discover to make their motors live long enough to win world championship in motor cycle racing.
All parts that fail under racing conditions for one racer or one team that are living in other racing engines in the same class are failing do to ignorance or failure to learn why those parts are failing and correcting the problem work
Good luck to all those that push their racing parts to their limits thumbs whistling grin
I don't do that down

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 06/04/17 07:31 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)