I find this interesting and informative, ive been hooked on King for nearly 10 years and even on some run the extra .0005 on the rear main as they suggest on some applications.

In our pull tractor all we use are King HP 3/4 (seems more like 5/8) bearings, never a bearing issue

Oddly for the first time in 35 years I just used a set of full groove mains on a semi mild small block going on the thought of more full time oiling. I did it because I used a big hydro cam that in the end will probably prove to be more of a hastle then just running a mild solid but Im thinking with a hv pump I can keep good oil to the lifters and rods.

Im not worried on the load issues with such a mild build on the mains and honestly its as simple as it gets but im out of my comfort zone because I dont use full groove mains or hydro cams so it should be interesting.

In the end I think most use what works best for them in there application, I think Cab is old school smart and if hes using full groove mains and they work for his application thats great because really alot of use use the same basic parts its only the application and build techniques that differ.