Thanks for all the info guys. history, I bought the car last year, had been sitting for years but still ran and drove when I bought it. I decided to freshen up the engine, clutch etc after I went through the car after purchase.

I removed everything from the engine compartment when the engine was out so I could clean everything. When cleaning the harness I noticed the fusible link only had a few strands of wire holding it on. I replaced that with a fuse holder and selected a 20a fuse (no idea why, seemed like a good place to start lol).I replaced the voltage regulator with an NOS one and the starter relay, left everything else as it was.

I got the car running again and drove it this way for about 200 miles, mostly short in town trips but one 60 mile trip. The fuse stayed intact until recently. The first time the fuse blew I had just installed a pertronix ignition in the original distributor, While I was driving it the fuse blew.I found I forgot to tighten the wire that goes to the positive side of the coil. I replaced the fuse and away I went. Monday I drove the car about 10 miles, when I left to go home I'm driving down the road and the car just quits. I pull over and the fuse is blown again. I go to replace the fuse and it blows the fuse as soon as I go to install it in the fuse holder. I get the car home and Test the fuse holder to ground and that is where the meter is showing 000.0 when I first test it, hold the lead in place and after a very short time ( a second or 2) the meter will climb to 000.8. My confusion is the 000.8 a short or resistance from the alt or something in the car?

I have not disconnected the power wire from the alt to bypass that yet.

All of the meter testing I've done was with the battery disconnected. When the fuse blows I have the key off and battery connected.

Last edited by moparfan; 05/31/17 12:23 PM.

2017 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Shaker
2021 T/A 392
1970 Challenger R/T 383,727, 3.55, (Wife's car)
1970 Challenger R/T SE 440-4, 4-speed, 4.10 Dana
1972 Dodge Demon 396 W-2,904, 4.30, 10.660 @ 125.85
2020 Hellcat redeye