Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
Very nice! Love the no one wanted it when it was for sale comment...makes this that much sweeter right?

I found it hard to believe no one wanted it. The engine was brand new with dyno time only. Not a freshend up piece it was all 100% new! Yet no one wanted it for $18K, truly amazing to me..

Anyway went racing again this weekend. Air was worse but about .08 numbers than last week so we started over trying to find a good way to whoa it up a bit. Well after a few attempts we finally go it to run a 7.51, DA was 4600' with a true barometer of 27.62 and a nice breeze. We accomplished this by going to a smaller carb, that was worth .06, loosened the lash up a tad seems to be .01 or so and we have 8.5 degrees of timing out of it. NOt wanting to pull anymore timing at this point for sure, frankly not happy with this much out all the time so thinking maybe a grid so we can knock the teeth out of it down low and bring it all back in and get back the MPH. The small carb costs us 5mph and the timing a couple more.

But me being me once we had a strategy for running above .50 back to tweaking to get a bit more, I know stupid me. But hey I have a 60' number I really would like to see and we are not there just yet. So more playing with shocks and air pressure. Got it working killer for what we have. We clearly need more shock, these are now officially tapped out. We did go 1.042 60' with all the changes, of course that put us below the .50 again, but the solution for the rest of the day was whomp it :)/ So last time run of the day he went to 1000' cone gave it three BIG whomps and killed .04, running a .52.

So now I need to make a decision as to where to go. I have to give up in this deal as I feel pretty confident we can get a high .20 out of it here in Vegas and its crappy air. But he is not licensed to do that so need a plan. Thinking maybe just throw in a 3.9 gear in it and seeing how far that kills things, will likely help the MPH for sure as we can put the timing back where its happy and start looking for a big carb for it. But if we travel anywhere other than Salt Lake or Denver we are gonna be way fast..Oh well guess its a good problem to have.

And to think no one wanted it laugh2

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"